Skip to main content

Featured

How to get more Instagram followers in 2026

Key takeaways Profile optimization comes first. Your username, bio, profile photo, and highlights are what convert a visitor into a follower. Reels, carousels, and trend-led content drive the most organic reach, because Reels reach non-followers more reliably than static posts. Consistency plus discoverability wins: post 3-5 times per week, use a focused hashtag strategy, and treat Instagram SEO as part of every caption. Tracking your follower growth rate and adjusting from there is what separates accounts that grow from accounts that stall. How to optimize your Instagram profile for new followers Your profile is the deciding factor for most new follows. Someone finds a Reel, taps your handle, and gives you a few seconds to explain why they should stick around. Start by getting clear on who you’re trying to reach : Where do they live? What do they do for work? When and how do they use Instagram? What are their pain points and challenges? Learn fro...

Client’s IG doesn’t grow - compared to other clients with the same type of content

I’ve been working as a SMM for a few years now, currently have 5 full time clients. I always take my time to get to know my clients, develop a strategy, work on storytelling, get all the necessary material in advance and to get the feel of what they’d like to achieve via social media. The field I’m working in is very niche-based (think performing arts) so it’s not really a BTC approach. Until now, it seems to have worked just fine.

Now the problem at hand: a few weeks ago, one of my clients (the newest one) went live on IG, FB and TikTok, we scheduled posts, reels, videos, stories. FB and TikTok are doing well, engagement and following are growing consistently with the amount of time that has passed. However, IG is another story. The client’s profile is stuck at 80-something followers for about a week now. Reels get around 3k views, videos around 300, but the amount of likes and comments is dead in the water. I know that IG recently changed their algorithm regarding hashtags (basically doesn’t care for it anymore) and from the insights I can see that is the case. We continue to engage with other similar profiles, did two rounds of small short-term ads, but nothing seems to work which, as far as my experience goes, seems really odd. We can’t seem to get to 100 followers.

Apparently we are doing something wrong (or rather, I am) regarding IG and I just can’t understand what. Their reels get 3k to 4k views, but only 15-20 likes and zero comments, which seems REALLY odd, other clients for that amount of views would usually get 80-100 likes and at least 10 comments. We don’t event get spammy comments “promote it on xy” we used to get in the beginning. I would say that the content we publish is not good, but again, I am usually working in a very niche-based field so the content we publish is consistent with other clients. I also outsource stuff like photography, video editing and web desing to get the highest quality material.

My question is, now that hashtags are basically useless - our reels don’t even appear in the recent hashtags - how can one grow following organically? Again, we try to engage with other people in the community but nothing seems to work. What am I missing, did IG change something?

submitted by /u/lucythepussy
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here To read more articles like this visit us at yourdigitalmarketingbootcamp.blogspot.com

Popular Posts