Skip to main content

Featured

How to get more Instagram followers in 2026

Key takeaways Profile optimization comes first. Your username, bio, profile photo, and highlights are what convert a visitor into a follower. Reels, carousels, and trend-led content drive the most organic reach, because Reels reach non-followers more reliably than static posts. Consistency plus discoverability wins: post 3-5 times per week, use a focused hashtag strategy, and treat Instagram SEO as part of every caption. Tracking your follower growth rate and adjusting from there is what separates accounts that grow from accounts that stall. How to optimize your Instagram profile for new followers Your profile is the deciding factor for most new follows. Someone finds a Reel, taps your handle, and gives you a few seconds to explain why they should stick around. Start by getting clear on who you’re trying to reach : Where do they live? What do they do for work? When and how do they use Instagram? What are their pain points and challenges? Learn fro...

I went through IG's "special program" for small creators+advertisers, so you don't have to

TL;DR: If you get the offer, don't take it. You'll learn nothing of value, get no real support, & waste your money

So, Instagram has a "program" they're offering to certain smaller creator accounts that have ad spend, where they pair you with a dedicated "marketing expert." You get three scheduled phone calls with them, plus they're available by email. The pitch is that they'll give you some inside info, and help you optimize your ads so you don't waste money.

FB has tried a few such things over the years; the last time I participated in one was about 6 years ago. This pitch was different, with some actual personal contact + support, and so I enrolled. Unfortunately, this was the worst iteration of the program so far.

They gave some specific information about how to refine an audience, stuff that isn't made known. Exciting!—but unfortunately, the information was wrong. The test ad we made together, using their "expert strategy," netted zero conversions & burned $40 for a mere 3,000 impressions. Total waste of money & far under the quoted estimate. Ads I've run without their advice have all performed better.

They also had some basic facts wrong. They were wrong about about what information is available to the user & what can be uploaded where. They also told me that using 3-4 hashtags would result in the algorithm preferring the post & improved impressions from tags; when I followed their advice, using tags they suggested, I got a whopping 2 tags impressions on the post. I reported this back to them, & their response was "Oh...well, the algorithm is going to be like that in the future." Overall they showed a lack of actual familiarity with the product & algorithm, which really undermined their title of "Expert!"

When I expressed frustration that my account didn't have access to Reels, the main feature the platform is pushing viewers toward, they didn't really listen and weren't of any help. I pointed out that there are Nazi accounts & pro-ana accounts with Reels, and that made me feel like IG didn't really value my business; their response was to try to get me to spend more money on a non-Reels ad instead. And then they offered the solution of "You should make a new account, that would have Reels." Not really a solution, and definitely not something I'd expect to hear in a B2B conversation where they're trying to increase my spend as a client.

I'd say the experience was worthless but really it had negative worth. If you get offered the chance in the app to enroll in the "program," I don't recommend taking it. You'll only get bad info & a lot of sales pressure.

And on that note...anyone know of a good IG alternative for a weird art brand? (:

submitted by /u/WizWorldLive
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here To read more articles like this visit us at yourdigitalmarketingbootcamp.blogspot.com

Popular Posts